Monday, May 9, 2011

Confession

As of last week, my parents' garage was filled with my childhood memorabilia.  

I know that this is not completely abnormal, but after years of having my own garage and no more excuses, it was time to go through my memories and take my stuff to my own house.

Going through a bin from the "high school years"
My mom helped me by providing emotional support and beverages whenever I needed a break.  We put on our gloves and dug in!

One proud sister!

I found so many fun things, including an adorable t-shirt that I used to wear when I was about 3 years old... my brother had "Leah's Big Brother" and we were so friggin' cute together!  



I also found all the glass figurines that my grandmother gave me from when I was six months old until I was about 14, letters from my friends in middle school (folded into little triangles), my birth announcement that my mom made from scratch with a potato stamp (such a hippie!) and a whole box of papers and tests from high school (I forgot how good I used to be at French!) 




I left my parents' house with only enough bins to fill my trunk... I was able to let go of six bins of stuff!  I now have only the things that I loved the most and that bring back the best memories.

My packed trunk
And my mom is thrilled with all the extra room in her own garage!  Happy Mother's Day, Mama! 

~Leah




1 comment: