Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Those Darn Dollar Bins


I was shopping at Michael's the other day and got some neat stuff for crafting projects. By the time I got to the registers to check out, there was a pretty long line.  And guess what was lined up right in front of us as we stood waiting to check out.... Those dollar bins full of random little gifts.

As the line inched forward, I noticed that we were all looking at those bins.  I wasn't interested in ANY of that stuff when I was shopping the rest of the store, but once I was forced to stand in front of them and wait, all those nick nacks started to look cute.  I caught myself sifting through the monogrammed notepads, silly pens, and charm bracelets when I truly did not need any of it!  
 
They were so tempting and I know that I am not alone! My client and I were talking about those bins today, commiserating on our lack of self control around them.  Ugh!  Why do we all of a sudden need cute gardening gloves just because they are $1?!  We don't!  It's just CLUTTER!

Next time, I am going to bring a book to read in line to keep me distracted.  Do you have any tips to keep me away from those bins?

~Leah
(photo credit: Scott Hamlin)

1 comment:

  1. They are very addicting... even more so for Joe I think! ;-) I do my internal anti-clutter chant when I'm close to those bins and bring forth images of my tiny loft space and that helps me recall that we have zero room for any of it!

    ReplyDelete