Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Remains of the Day

...My Wedding Day, that is.

Baskets with our little chalkboard signs, jars, and programs from the ceremony

We had the most amazing wedding planner, Stefanie.  One of the coolest things she did was take all of our decor and personal items from the reception and took them back to our house at the end of the night.  When we got home the next day, all of our stuff was sitting in our living room and we didn't have to lift a finger.  Thanks, Stefanie!!  

My bins of crafting supplies and folders with To-Do lists

But that also meant that EVERYTHING WAS IN OUR LIVING ROOM!! 
Including all the bins of markers, spray paint, ribbon, and stamps.  

So, my lovely readers, what should I do with all of this stuff??  How much should I keep for memorabilia and how much should I toss?  Should I try to give some stuff to friends for their weddings or parties?  Should I just toss it since I can always look at the photos??  

An organizer friend of mine gave me some good advice yesterday: put the stuff in the guest room and leave it for a while.  Come back to it when you have had a little time to breathe and it won't seem as overwhelming.  It will be fun to look through it again. 

Okay, I'm going to do that!  Into the guest room it goes... 
In the meantime, I will just focus on thank you notes. :-)

~Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment