Monday, July 18, 2011

Confession

I get very attached to clothes.  

Ever since I was a little girl, I have become emotionally connected to certain clothes and it makes it very hard to part with them.  With some items, I am immediately brought right back into the moment that I was wearing it.  All the memories come rushing in and I can't bear to let go of that ridiculous pair of jeans or neon t-shirt!  

Well, here are some of the culprits:

Age 6
My Mikey Mouse bathing suit.  (Newspaper hat made by Grandpa)

7th grade dance
That velvet dress came with a little bolero jacket- It was the 90's.  

8th grade graduation
I loved that dress.  I still have it in my garage, in a labeled bin of course.  


So, are any of you holding on to clothing and the memories that come along with them?  Any tips for letting some of the clothing go?

~Leah


2 comments:

  1. That happens to me too. I recently had to give away a bike that held special memories (need more room in the garage!). I took a few pictures of it before giving it away. Perhaps that would work for the outfits too?
    Amanda Laden (using Greg's google account)

    ReplyDelete